Bringing the kids on your next beach getaway? Check out these great activities to keep your children entertained at the beach.
13 Beach Activities for Kids
- Build a sandcastle. Be sure to pack little figurines (princesses, dragons, etc.) and make the castle come to life!
- Have a scavenger hunt. List items to find such as seashells, snails, rocks, etc.
- Pack a ball and play beach soccer or kickball. Be mindful of others if the beach is crowded.
- Bring a boogie board. Ride the waves!
- Send your kids on a treasure hunt. Bring coins or objects and hide them in the sand and around your area for your children to find.
- Hold an obstacle course/relay race. This is good exercise and can be as easy as jumping over buckets or towels, running to the water to fill up a bucket and bring it back, etc.
- Draw hopscotch in the sand. Use a seashell as a marker.
- Play tic-tac-toe. Draw the game board in the sand.
- Have a family picnic. Packing lunch? Bring a blanket and eat picnic-style!
- Collect items and have your child count them. Take away and add to work on math skills.
- Go for a walk along the shore. See what living animals (snails, starfish, crabs, seagulls) you can spot.
- Take a moment to relax. Find a shady area or get under a tent/umbrella and read your child one of their favorite books.
- Collect shells. Find pretty seashells for art projects that will make for great weekend activities later in the summer.
FEATURED BEACH RETREATS
PARADISE ON PEARL
Located conveniently to Times Square and the famous Fishing Pier, this beautifully furnished new home offers three bedrooms and two bathrooms. Master Bedroom Suite has Queen bed and bathroom with double sinks. Large walk in shower. Open great room style with all modern conveniences in the fully equipped kitchen with a breakfast bar and stools. Cable and internet included. Outside the beautifully landscaped property plus gorgeous heated pool. Outdoor seating in a covered over area plus barbecue grill. Double car garage and washer/dryer in home.
Beautifully decorated and furnished 2 bedroom apartment. Fully furnished huge kitchen with gorgeous granite counter-top. Propane stove for cooking. Awesome fireplace with historical value in the living room. All linens and towels included. Bright and colorful to make you feel like you're in a tropical paradise. So close to the beach....just cross over Estero Blvd. & you're there. Beach chairs, umbrella, cooler provided to take with you! Use of the yard for BBQ and outdoor seating. Close to the Library and Bay Oaks Center & Community Pool. Walk to TOPPS Supermarket also. Washer/dryer on site. Internet & WiFi included. Off street parking.Pet friendly retreat. Restrictions apply. Prices vary by season.
Rates and Availability
Rates and Availability